She believed she could. So she did.





Sunday, March 18, 2012

Julia



The spring semester is always way more busy for me than fall--testing (Ugh!), master schedule, teacher observations, and Events, Events, Events. The clutch bags are cranking out very slowly. This one was for Julia our receptionist for V-Day. I've been playing around with piping. Growing up my favorite thing to do was to go to the fabric store with Mother. She is a beautiful seamstress. I would pick the top part of one pattern, the sleeve of another pattern, and the bottom of another pattern and somehow, she would always replicate exactly what was in my head. Mothers are pretty amazing. Of course, I had to have piping on everything--my Peter Pan collars, my monogramed cuffs, plackets. You name it. I wanted piping on it. And, I didn't want the kind of piping you get in the package.  Oh no, I wanted custom piping. Oh lord! Everyone, repeat after me "High Maintenance." So I thought I would give piping a try myself. Ta-Dah, this turned out pretty cute. You just cut a bias strip and use a zipper foot to sew it along a piece of cording. The quote is my favorite of any pouch that I've put together. "Amazing things will happen." It just makes me smile--kinda like thinking about all that piping momma made way back when.

No comments:

Post a Comment