She believed she could. So she did.





Sunday, July 1, 2012

Green Smoothie

From the Chronicles of Chicken Fried Veggie - Food Babe and Rabbit Food for my Bunny Teeth both have versions of the green smoothie. After watching Food Inc, it's clear we could all use a little more green in our lives, right? So I tried my own version of a green smoothie and much to my surprise, it's the best chicken-friedness ever. Here's the recipe:
1/2 can of coconut milk
Small cup of pre packaged peaches
2 big bunches of mixed spring salad mix (the kind with the radicchio)
Put both in blender and mix until well blended. You have to stop the blender a few times and push down the greens and add more.
1 frozen banana
1 cup (I don't measure) frozen mango
1 cup frozen pineapple
Put on smoothie setting and let it roll until its creamy and frothy.
Tastiness: definitely an 8 or 9. I love the contrast of flavors. The peppery bitterness of the greens and the super sweetness of the fruit. Easiness: 8. - all it requires is throwing a bunch of stuff in the blender. While it's mixing, I throw away the peach container and put the frozen stuff back up. Throw the other half of the coconut milk in a container. Accessibility of ingredients: 5 - I don't keep coconut milk on hand but will for now. You also have to have a frozen banana so that requires some planning. Clean-up: 6 - just wash out the blender. Not too bad all things considered. Definitely worth the effort for the payoff on this one. It makes 2 big servings. Wendy and I drank one around 11 am and didn't have anything else until around 4pm. I was hungry but not dying. Here's to going green!

No comments:

Post a Comment