She believed she could. So she did.





Friday, June 29, 2012

Mixed Spinach Salad with Tahini Dressing

From the Chronicles of Chicken Fried Veggie Food Babe one of my favorite new blogs writes about Tahini Dressing as if it were the second coming. For me, the jury is still out on this one. Maybe it's my crude taste buds or my lack of cooking skills, but I just wasn't that into it. Wendy on the other hand loved it and asked for seconds, so we'll give it another go before scratching it off the list. If you've read my other posts, you know that you're more likely to find me frantically trying to empty my email inbox than spending any real quality time cooking in the kitchen, so I have several criteria for rating recipes in this little social/culinary experiment Tastiness, Easiness, Accessiblity of ingredients, and Clean up time. For the tahini dressing, here are my ratings with a 10 being chicken-fried deliciousness and a 1 being total bleh. Tastiness: 3 - it was just kinda bland for me. It needed some spice or some red chili paste to jazz it up. Wendy gives it a 6. She says she enjoyed the fresh tanginess of it. Easiness: 6 - it just required throwing a bunch of stuff in the blender, not much chopping or prepping. Accessibility of Ingredients: 6 everything was already in the pantry or fridge except the tahini but I found it in the organic section of Kroger so not too much of a biggie there. It cost like $5.99 or something so kinda pricey for me. Clean-up: 3- had to clean a blender and a whole bunch of muxing cups and measuring spoons, so that's always going to get a fairly low score. Overall, we will make this again and add some spice and I will just eyeba the measurements.

No comments:

Post a Comment