She believed she could. So she did.





Sunday, January 8, 2012

Ali Foster Fold-Over Clutch: Take 1 and 2

The first one (red and black) is made completely by the directions. It was fun and easy to make. However, it calls for interfacing to give the bag some body, but I've been using fusible fleece for so long that I thought it lacked the more familiar heft that I like, so the second one has the fusible fleece. I like the squishiness of it much better. I also sewed the bottom corners so that it stands up by itself. Although the fleece turned out, the rest of the fabric on the second one is a nightmare. Once again, because of my 6th grade math education, I didn't realize that a fat quarter was too small to make the flap, lining, and strap. So I was going to use the fat quarter for the strap and flap and another fabric for the lining. Something weird happened with the flap (can't remember now what it was at all) so it ended up with a different fabric for the strap, flap, and lining. It's kinda a fabric mess. What's the saying? The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

1 comment: