She believed she could. So she did.





Monday, January 2, 2012

Celebrating 5 Years

We celebrated Anna-Jane's turning 5 at Healthy Me Cafe in Coppell with a cooking party. The kids made smoothies, personal pizzas, decorated cookies and cupcakes. While planning the party, Mother and I got the bright idea to make all of the kids aprons. In years past only a handful of kids have shown up to her parties. Being the workaholic that I am, I invariably get the invitations out late and it's during the holidays, so calendars fill up fast. This year, of course, we had 17 RSVPs. (Thank you Cathy for helping me create a cute e-vite and send it out on time). So Momma and I were burning the midnight oil during what is one of the busiest weeks in a school-- the week before winter break. We made 11 girl aprons and 6 boy aprons. The ties took forever. Instead of measuring and figuring out exactly how long each tie should be, I cut strips and strips, and strips, and more strips together and then used the trusty ol' safety pin to turn it. Then iron it. Ugh! It took forever. Mother made 5 aprons in the time it took me to turn the strip for the ties. After that afternoon my homework was to finish putting the ties on the girl aprons and mom made all of the boy aprons. It sounds like she woke up at 3:30 am on the day of the party to start and finish hers. I tell her all the time that she could win Project Runway. She is smart, quick, and dexterous. Instead of doing the turn thing for the strips/ties, she cut strips on the bias, folded it in and then folded it again to create the binding. She said she didn't even iron it to make the strip. She just rolled it along through her fingers as she sewed. They were all perfect. She continually amazes me with all her talents and skills. Of course, I was so in to watching Anna-Jane at her party that I didn't get good pics of the aprons but here's a few. I'm thinking we should have a birthday Princess Prom for Anna's 6th year and Mother can make all 17 kids a formal ball gown with a train. Heh!

No comments:

Post a Comment