She believed she could. So she did.





Sunday, January 15, 2012

An elf in the Santa Workshop

Christmas Eve around 10pm, I got the notion that Wendy needed one more gift that would be a surprise. A few days before, I made a prototype of a little coin purse from a pattern called Little Purse by Valori Wells. It only took about 15 minutes. The practice purse came out a lot smaller than I had expected, but I didn't think much of it at the time. While making it the first time, I couldn't figure out why the pockets were not lining up with the back, but I just figured oh well whatever. When making Wendy's, it dawned on me that the pieces weren't lining up because I had traced the pattern pieces wrong. Ugh! So it's almost midnight by now and several hello dollies later, I retrace the pattern (correctly), re-cut the fabric and sewed it up. It's a fun little pattern to make. (When you make it right). You just layer the pockets, sew around, and turn. Wendy loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment